SiteLock: Essentials/Prevent Next Steps
While SiteLock does most of the work, there are some additional steps that you need to take to fully restore your site to its pre-infection state.
What to do if your site was infected:
- Review your SiteLock Dashboard for scan/clean updates. Please check here for the overview of the new SiteLock dashboard.
- Review your SMART Malware Removal dashlet for SMART Scan results and pending alerts that need your attention.
- Please note that SMART is already Autoconfigured for you.
- The duration of SMART Scan queues (the time before scanning begins) varies based on the size of your website, the number of infections found (if any), and depending on the type of SiteLock plan that you have:
|Essential||12hrs for SMART Scan to queue.|
|Prevent|| 6hrs SMART Scan to queue.|
|Prevent Plus||1 to 4hrs SMART Scan to queue.|
NOTE: If your site is suspended, a database scan cannot be performed. We recommend that you get the SiteLock Prevent Plus plan.SMART Scan has no visual representation of an ongoing scan.
- After a complete scan, the SMART dashlet should show a Green Check, which means clean your site. If it shows a Red X, it means that your site is still infected.
- Once the scan is complete, SMART Scan will notify you by email. Please ensure that your email is up to date by going to the SiteLock Settings tab and then go to the Notification menu.
- SMART Patch will warn you if your site has known vulnerabilities. A website vulnerability is a weakness in code that cybercriminals exploit to gain unauthorized access to your site. SiteLock's SMART Patch can quickly identify these weaknesses and automatically fixes them before cybercriminals use them.
What to do if your account is suspended:
- If your account is suspended, but both your SMART and SMART Database shows up as "clean" (as indicated by the Green Checkmarks), please contact Netfirms's support team and request a review of your site/account to remove the suspension.
- If your site is still infected (as indicated by the Red X) or the host finds additional files, please contact SiteLock Support. You can reach them by opening a ticket from the Support tab of your SiteLock Dashboard. You can also reach them by dialing 877 563 2832. Their friendly security specialists are always available and happy to assist you.
What to do if your website is blacklisted:
- If you have cleaned up your website after being blacklisted, please submit your site to virustotal.com to verify if there are any malicious content or just false positives on your website.
- Next, ask the organization that blacklisted your website to recheck your site and remove you from their list.
- Here are the most common organizations and links with instructions on how to remove your site from the list:
We highly recommend upgrading to SiteLock Prevent Plus
. Not only will you have the benefits of both Essential and Prevent plans
, but you will also have PCI compliance scanning (quarterly vulnerability scans) and website CMS (WordPress, WooCommerce, Joomla, Magento, PrestaShop, and Drupal) vulnerability patching.
To inquire about pricing or if you want to learn more about SiteLock's Prevent Plus plan, please contact SiteLock Sales at 844-589-5311.