Troubleshooting Common Email Issues
This article is intended to help investigate and troubleshoot common email issues.
Here is a checklist for General Email Troubleshooting:
- Is your email hosted by us?
- If yes, proceed to step 2
- If no, contact your mail hosting provider
- Has your domain expired?
- If yes, renew the domain
See article, Domain Registration: How To Renew Your Domain
- If no, proceed to step 3
- Is your domain status on Client Hold?
- If yes, verify the domain name
See article, Domain Management: ICANN Verification
- If no, proceed to step 4
- What is your hosting account status?
- If your hosting account is suspended, please Contact Support to make a payment
- If your account is up to date, proceed to step 5
See article How to Update MX Records.
- If your MX and/or A records (for MX) does not point to our systems, Webmail will not work
- If your MX records need to be updated, verify that the Nameservers point to us
See article, How to Update Nameservers.
- Check your Account Settings.
- Is the email account created on our server?
- Check for any email forwarding
- Check the spam filter settings
- Check the mailbox storage used
- Using Webmail
- If not, then reset the mailbox password
- Using a Mail Client or Mobile Phone
- Ensure that you have the correct email client settings.
Important: If you are using POP and you have to delete/recreate the account, you should back up the email first as it will be deleted.
Related ArticlesCommon Email Bouncebacks
I Can't Send Emails
I Can't Receive Emails
Email Management: How to Check Your Email Over the Web